- 1 pound medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. and prepare 9x13 pan; spray with nonstick cooking spray. set aside
- Cook noodles according to package and drain well (do not rinse.)
- Transfer noodles to large bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered for 1 hour or until tops of noodles are browned and kugel appears to be "set"
- Cover with foil and cook. Or cut immediately into squares and serve warm, or chill until ready to use (up to 2 days).
Options: add raisins or dried cherries, 2 cups of chopped apples or a drained can of pineapple tidbits to this. If you like kugel with topping, sprinkle 2 cups of breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes on top prior to baking.